Castle Rock ranked #8 among Colorado's 20 Safest Cities of 2020
A Closer Look at Colorado’s Safest Cities of 2020
- Windsor moved from third place last year to become the safest city in Colorado for 2020.
- Sixteen cities (80%) improved their rank year over year.
- The biggest increase was Woodland Park, rising 33 spots this year, followed by Carbondale jumping 31, and Milliken moving 29 spots to become the second-safest city in the state.
- Centennial joins the list for the first time this year as the 13th safest city.
- All cities came in below the Colorado violent crime rate (4.0) and the national rate (3.7).
- 95% of the cities had fewer than three violent crime incidents per 1,000 people.
- There were only seven murders among the safest cities, and 85% reported none.
- 95% of the cities are below the state property crime rate (26.7) and 80% are below the national rate (22).
- Milliken had the lowest total number of property crimes at 35 (4.8 rate), but Windsor still won the top spot thanks to a slightly lower violent crime rate.
- Littleton has the highest property crime rate at 32.1—about six percentage points above the state average.
The 20 Safest Cities in Colorado
VC = Violent Crime
PC = Property Crime